Tenacity® herbicide can be used for pre- and post-emergence control of more than 46 broadleaf weed and grass species. Its active ingredient, mesotrione, is based on a naturally occurring compound produced by the bottlebrush plant (Callistemon citrinus)
• Weeds controlled include crabgrass, ground ivy, yellow foxtail, yellow nutsedge and nimblewill.
• Provides post-emergent control of tough-to-control weeds
• Controls weeds at seeding reducing weed competition
• Prevents and controls crabgrass pre or post up to four tillers (leaflets)
• Eliminates weeds at seeding so new grass can flourish.
• When applied as a pre-emergent, weeds absorb Tenacity during emergence from the soil.
• Dry conditions following application may reduce the pre-emergence activity. If rainfall (0.15 inches) has not occurred within 10 days after a pre-emergence application, activate with 0.15 inches of irrigation.
Post Emergence Applications
• When used as a post-emergent, susceptible weeds absorb Tenacity through foliar contact and soil absorption.
• Foliage of treated weeds cease growth after application, then turn white (loss of chlorophyll) and death may take up to three weeks. A repeat application is required after two to three weeks for improved post-emergence weed control.
• A non-ionic surfactant, such as Bonide Turbo Sticker, should be added in post-emergence applications.
Active Ingredient: Mesotrione 40%
Target pests: Barnyardgrass, Carpetweed, Chickweed, Clover, Crabgrass (large & smooth), Dandelion, Foxtail, Goosegrass, Henbit, Nimblewill, Yellow Nutsedge, Purslane, Thistle, Wild Carrot and others
* See label for complete list (46 listed targeted pests)
For use in: Kentucky Bluegrass, Centipedegrass, Buffalograss, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Fine Fescue, St. Augustine Grass (grown for sod only)
Application: 4 – 8 oz. per 30 gallons of water per acre
* Use a Surfactant to Increase Effectiveness
* See label for complete application instructions
Formulation: Professional Product
Group 27 Herbicide
Shelf Life: 5-8 years from date of manufacture when properly stored. Keep out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures
Shipping Weight: 0.74 lbs
Manufactured By: Syngenta
Application Rates for Homeowners
For spot treatments using Tenacity Herbicide mix at a rate of 1 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of a non-ionic surfactant such as Bonide Turbo Sticker in at least 2 gallons of water. Apply at 1 gallon per 1,000 square feet.